The course was originally a 9-hole design by Bob Grimsdell. Play officially began during 1958 when it was known as the Welgemoed Golf Club. In 1981, the course was upgraded to 18 holes by course architect Bill Kerr. Major changes were later undertaken by Mark Muller and the “new” course came into play in early 1995.
The first clubhouse was in the old Welgemoed farmhouse (which was built in 1956 and has since been restored, and is now the delightful “De Oude Welgemoed” restaurant.) In 1969 the clubhouse was relocated to where the Karate club is today. Since 1981, the clubhouse has been housed in its present facility.
Substantial improvements have been undertaken over the last couple of years to make the course more player-friendly.